12 December 2006

Kofi Annan farewell

U.N. Secretary-General Kofi Annan took his criticism of the Bush administration to the nation's heartland Monday, saying America must not sacrifice its democratic ideals while waging war against terrorism.

In the hometown of President Harry Truman, who helped found the United Nations, Annan said "human rights, and the rule of law are vital to global security and prosperity."

When the U.S. "appears to abandon its own ideals and objectives, its friends abroad are naturally troubled and confused," Annan told a packed audience at the Truman Presidential Museum and Library.

I would like to thank Mr. Annan for these wise words. I couldn't have said it better myself. However, I included some footage of the attack on the twin towers (9/11) to illustrate why America is fighting this war on terrorism.

John told me today: Jenifer: don't forget the war in Darfur. Without any doubt that is the most deadliest war at this moment, and I can't agree more with him. It's an easy war to forget because it's not constantly in the news, which it should be. And I promise, as of today I will join George Clooney and John, and will keep the war in Darfur foremost in our minds.

What ever you do, and where ever you are, don't forget to love a soldier. (If you love a soldier, and he loves you, then it will be unlikely that he's going to kill you, right?) Love, Jenifer. bloomjenifer@yahoo.co.uk

No comments: